Monday, March 26, 2007

Grrrrr!

Frustration. So, . . . Aunt Flo came for her monthly visit, for the 10th unwanted month in a row. I've officially decided that I am done "trying" for a while. I need a break from all of the counting days and popping pills. It's starting to get to me. I do know that there are lessons in all of this, and I'm trying desperately to learn them. I am a self confessed control freak. At times it can drive my husband crazy, all of the way down to my back seat driving. What I am trying to learn from this situation is that there is a higher power that knows much better than I. I know that my Heavenly Father knows me better than I know myself. He knows what I can handle, and what I can't. I think that he is also giving me this experience to teach me empathy for those in the same situation. Not that I wasn't "sympathetic" before this whole experience, but I can now say that I have true empathy for those going through different sorts of infertility. I also know that I need to count my blessings. I have a wonderful marriage, and two beautiful daughters. If they are all that I am meant to have, I am truly blessed, and I will work my hardest to make them the most amazing women that they can be. Whew, I'm glad to have gotten all of that off of my chest. Sometimes I think it's important to write, or type your thoughts out, and think through them. Thanks for listening!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry to hear the news Haleigh. I really do feel for you. It's good to know that you do have a positive outlook though. There are always lessons to be learned and our Heavenly Father knows what's best for us. I know he loves you and is there for you. I can't wait to see you tonight!!

jill s said...

you'd be amazed how many women suffer from fertility issues! it took us almost 3 years to get pregnant with my first. and a year to get pregnant with my second. meds...surgery...miscarriage! it's definetly not something that you can even come close to relating to unless you've been through it.

i hope that everything works out for you soon.

sorry i rambled!

your girls are beautiful and i'm loving your photography! i'm really into photography too!

oh! by the way this is jill. [riggs!]

it was fun to find your blog!

xx
jill s
www.jillscripps.typepad.com