Monday, July 23, 2007

Our Trip to the Cabin

Our trip to the cabin was a blast. I was gone for a total of 9 days. It's soooo dang HOT down here in the valley, now : ) The girls and I had a ton of fun playing hostess to our friends and we're grateful to everyone that made it up there to keep us company! Here are some picture that I took while we were on a walk one of the first days. Peyton is so dang cute, she tries to emulate everything that her big sis does. Rylee decided to cross her legs, (being the poser that she is) and Peyton crossed hers too.
These pictures are from the first weekend that we were up there. We decided to take the Sunrise Ski Lift up to the top of the hill for the view. It was tons of fun. Mom, Dad, Rylee, Peyton, Grandma Debi, Papa, and Aunt "Brookett" came along. Here are some of the beautiful views that we had.
This was Peyton's face, before I told her to smile, and put the camera in her face. . .
And this is her after I told her to smile. I think it's funny. My girls are trained to smile and cheese after all of the practice that I've had on them over the years : ) These pictures were all taken at Digger and Jean's anniversary party. It was a ton of fun, and we finished up with a dodge ball game (Dane's favorite part). We took a bunch more of the rest of the family, but they are on another computer, and I need to get them all switched over to this one.
While we were up there, our friends Jenn, Kaylie, Rylie and Avrey came to visit us. The girls had a ton of fun together, and we even did a little impromptu photo session while we were on a picnic. Jenn, thanks for the late night girl talk. It was a ton of fun! I'm so glad that Rylie ended up in my Rylee's dance class a year ago. Here's some more shots from our second visit to the top of Sunrise Ski Resort. My sis has some more pics on her blog too. We didn't enjoy it enough the first time ; ) so we decided to do it again. We even packed a picnic lunch with us this time.
While we were up there, Marci, Jaxson, Landon and Logan came to visit us too. We had a ton of fun together, too. Marci, you're an amazing mommy, and I'm grateful that we were able to spend so much time together. Thanks for our decade of friendship.
Finally. . . Rylee's favorite thing to do while on walks was "hunt for butterflies." She a lot like her daddy. She loves animals and they seem to really love her back. A few times, butterfiles would just come up to her and land on her, and she caught a few by sneaking up to them. On our last walk, she said, "Mom, I think that the butterfiles want me to be their Queen butterfly, because they just like hanging around me. She's too funny! While we were there, anytime that I would tell her something that we were going to do, or eat, etc, she would shout "Awesome!" I love that she is such a positive little girl. Peyton developed a habit. She wanted to badly to be a part of the conversation, she would tell stories, and she would start every one with "One time. . . " It kind of reminded me of the band camp girl from American Pie : ) She's a crack up.

1 comment:

Kalene said...

Your pictures are amazing! Your girls are so cute and those shoes are sooo cute! I want the num! I want you to take some pics of us someday when we can afford you! ha ha and your brick looks so beautiful- He did a great job! Your blog is super cute