Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Am I a SUCKER or what?

Our girls dance at a dance studio that's right next to an exotic bird store. Sometimes, to kill time during the girls dance classes, we'll go over and check out the birds. Dane is all about exotic pets, as you all know. Well, the guy had a brand new little baby blue parrotlet, and I feel in love. Anybody who knows me know that I am not a big pet fan. She really is the cutest thing ever. She won't get any bigger than a cockatial, and she'll always be pretty quite, compared to the African Grey that Dane dreams of owning. We looked up some info about her tonight, and it says that she can learn to say up to 20 words and she can whistle songs. Now all we need is a name... any suggestions? The girls were so excited to bring her home. Rylee is just like her daddy. She a little Mrs. Dolittle. Animals are just drawn to her. Peyton on the other hand is a little more like me. She went to hold her and flinched and droped the bird. For the next hour she was crying about how the birdy hurt her. I think it just scared her, considering the fact that it was such a new experience. After she got over the shock, she just wanted to pull a chair up to the counter and check it out.

11 comments:

Amber said...

Hahaha! You, own a bird? Now you truly are a sucker Haleigh! I really NEVER thought you would give in to another pet. Cute bird though! I will try to think of names but Rylee and Peyton always come up with good ones.

Amber

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya Kimball said...

She's beautiful! I grew up with 2 lovebirds! The girls will love her!

jill s said...

so fun! my brother in law has an african grey and it's the coolest bird ever! he asks for stuff. tells everyone to go to bed at night. imitates a TON of stuff. not sure i'd have the patience to own one. but it's fun to visit one. haha.

i'm sure the girls are thrilled!

sage is a huge animal lover too!

Bridget said...

Pretty bird... I am with you on the pet thing though.. These frogs are too much for me to even handle.

Court said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Court said...

Haleigh- It has been fun to catch up with and your family. I love this blog thing, it's great! I agree with you...I can't believe we have been out of HS for almost 10years. It is as if I turned around and poof!
Your girls are darling and they look like they love the bird. Good luck!

Caryn said...

That is the pretties color bird ever! How fun, and good luck!

Anonymous said...

how fun! you guys always have something exciting going on! by the way, Gavin and Bella have been asking about Ry and Peyton lately. We should get them together again so they can play.

Amber said...

So... what did you name the bird?

Amber

Melissa Braegger said...

You are a sucker-although I am too because I have two dogs and McKenna hasn't even started caring about pets yet. The bird is beautiful though