Saturday, October 13, 2007

Funny Girls

I'm on vacation right now in St. George so I will have lots of picturs to post in a few days, but I had to journal a couple funny things my girls have said this weekend, before I forget. This morning, Rylee was getting dressed and Peyton was putting lotion on. Peyton said, "Hey, do you want some lotion Rylee?" Rylee said, "No, I don't need that stuff." To which I replied, "it'll make your skin soft, and boys like soft skin." To which Rylee replied, " I'm alright mom, feel my ski... besides I've already got two boyfriends." I couldn't help laughing. I'm glad that she's so self assured.
Peyton has been cracking us up all weekend. Her vocabulary has really started to expand. She tries out new words in the wrong places, and instead of "ed" at the end of something past tense, she says "ded" ex. jumped- she would say jumpded. Anyways, the other day we went to dinosaur museum. When we were leaving we got the girls some baby dinosaur stuffed animals. Peyton got a velociraptor baby. We were trying to teach her the name. We said "what kind of dinosaur is that?" and she said it's called a "what the fetch?" I guess we didn't realized how much we said that phrase. She's still trying to master the pronunciation of velociraptor, and making us laugh with all of her attempted pronnunciations.
We're staying here with Dane's Grandma and Grandpa. They have a little jacuzzi in their back yard that we've been swimming in at night. Peyton is such a brave girl that she jumps into the abbys of foamy bubbles, holds her breath and reaches out to find someone or something to grab onto. Most of the time she's successful, but she makes us so nervous. Rylee is such a little mom that she's taken to standing right in the middle of the jacuzzi (she's tall enough) and waiting for her to jump. She'll catch her and bring her back to the steps on the side saying, "Honey, I told you not to do that!! Please be careful." I'm so grateful that my girls get along as well as they do. They really are best friends and I'm just enjoying it while it lasts, and attempting to prolong it as much as possible.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Haleigh,
I was wonderin where you have been. St. George sounds like fun! It is so fun to watch sibling relationships and the funny things they say together when they play! I can totally see Rylee being a mother hen. I share the same hope for my girls that they will stay close friends forever! I am sure they will. Enjoy your vacation can't wait to see your photos.

Emily Lauren said...

Ha ha ha. . . I love that she called it a 'what the fetch'. Who knows what a velociraptor is anyway, right? :) Your girls are the cutest!

Amber said...

Cute Haleigh. I didn't know you guys were out of town. Have fun the rest of your trip.