Sunday, October 21, 2007

Primary Program

Today was the primary program at church today. Rylee had a little singing solo at the very end of the song. It was very short and sweet, but to be honest Dane and I were worried that she'd freeze up on the stage staring out at everyone. She sang the last phrase of the song "I'll Follow Him in Faith." Her part was "he has shown the way, and through all my days, I'll follow him in faith. As she got up to do her little part, my hands started to sweat, she looked out at the crowd with a nervous look on her face, and she sang her part, loud and clear, into the microphone. I felt the Spirit so strongly that my eyes started to well up. It's amazing what your kids can do to you. I felt like I was up there with her. I could almost feel her little heart beating. But she did such an amazing job. She knew all of the rest of the songs too, and she sang them beautifully, with a little less enthusiasm than last year. :) Ry, we're so proud of the big girl that you're growing up to be. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Rohner, Grandma Debi, Aunt Brooket, Big Riley, Tawnie, Maren, Kyle and Camille for coming to support Ry. We can't wait until next year when Peyton will be in Primary too.

9 comments:

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

Thanks for inviting us she did great!

Jessica said...

you should have her sing it again and video tape it and blog it. I would love to see. I love it when the kids start to participate in church programs. It is the cutest thing ever.

Jenny said...

Primary programs are so precious. The feelings we get as mothers for our sweet children is priceless. Nov 11 is our primary program i am sure i will get emotional when Kenna gives her one liner.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

HI! Just found your blog...send me an email and I'll send you an invite to view mine.
princessbeckbug@gmail.com

Becky Barlow Tiffany

Amber said...

Yay for Rylee. I totally wish I could have hear her sing that. I actually forgot that was today... I bet we could have went, we would have just had to get up at 5:00 am to get there in time ;o)

We should do something on Peyton's birthday so let's plan it (unless you have her all booked up!)

Amber

Caryn said...

Wow good job on her solo! We had a hard time getting Braden to say "I can help my mother" whew! I love the primary program!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

ummm...where in the heck did you get her cute dress? Taylin NEEDS it. yes, NEEDS it. heehee. how cute to see her in her primary program. i love that! Tay has hers coming up!!

Amber said...

Hey! We were going to invite you guys when we went but we ended up going earlier in the day than expected. Plus, who knows, maybe Cam really will surprise me and will plan something for our anniversary this weekend. Anyway, I will call you tomorrow morning to figure out lunch!

Amber

Heather said...

Awww - so adorable! Last years primary program they had 3 sunbeam girls give a solo - however olny one of them sang - it was so cute!! Rylee is such a doll, I wish I could've been there!!