Sunday, January 06, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Now that my first trimester is over, I'm going to work on some things that have gotten forgotten over the last few months. This post is more for me than anything. Hopefully it will help me to be more acountable...
  1. Get active again, even if it's just walking a few times a week. I'm really missing the gym, but I couldn't even imagine going a week or two ago.
  2. Get back to cooking more often. I'm hoping to cook a nice meal 3-4 times a week. Food has been really hard for me lately, but it's been getting better.
  3. Prioritize and learn to say "no" when I know that I can't do it. This pregnancy has taught me this lesson the hard way, but I need to continue to keep this in mind, for my families sake.
  4. Be supportive of Dane in his new calling in scouts and Young Mens. This next week he has 4 different activities, and a camp out next weekend. It's going to be a lot, but I know he's going to love it. Anyone for a girl's night??
  5. Take time to spend time with each of my girls individually. I want to really get to know them well as individuals and I them to know me the same way.
  6. Continue to grow my photography business. Things have been so great lately. We've really been blessed.
  7. Show more grattitude for all of my blessings.

7 comments:

Jeni Everett said...

You have some great resolutions. Looks like Dancing with the Stars was a blast! Good luck with the 2008 resolutions!

Cory♥Jessica said...

New Posts! I love new posts! Your girls are so cute, I love their dance costumes. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. Its good to see your still alive and well. :)

Court said...

Great goals for the new year! It is nice to know that we can always do better. Gook luck!

Jenny said...

glad you have updated! i was worried about you for a while. let me know if you do a girls night..i would love to come! great resolutions, and of course i love your photos of your dancers. 2 cute! Peyton is just like Makenna when it comes to dance..she was the same way. We are taking a break from dance this year. i may try her in gymnastics soon though.

Melissa Braegger said...

Just take things one day at a time. I am so envious that you and Brooke got to go to Dancing With the Stars. That has always looked like so much fun.

Melissa Braegger said...

I just saw your sister Brooke at Costa Vida and I am so sorry the baby was not cooperating. Brooke said that she saw a penis though:)

Kalene said...

hey..I know how you feel with the whole scouts thing- its a lot of time and work away! I am up for a girls night any time you are- since our hubby's will probably be gone at the same time sometimes! Is Dane going on the trek?