Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thumbsucking

UPDATE: SHE HAS BEEN THUMB FREE SINCE LAST MONDAY!! SHE HASN'T EVEN TRIED TO SUCK IT IN 5 DAYS! SO, I'M OFFICIALLY ENDORSING THIS PRODUCT :o)
So as you all know, my sweet little Peyton is a thumbsucker. For months, I've eyed this product called Mavala STOP online, but never decided to buy it because I wasn't convinced that it would work. Well, my nephew Cannon is a finger sucker, so Amber decided to buy some and try it out. Yesterday, I made her bring it for me to try when I met her at the park. She tried to suck it once and about dry heaved and hasn't sucked it since. I purchased a generic version at Walgreens today and have the real thing coming in the mail in the next few days. I'm so excited. Amber, I think we're onto something. Thanks again forletting us borrow some. I'm so proud of Peyton, even though I feel it's been a little forced upon her, she's handled it like a champ.... even at bedtime. So to all of you moms out there with thumbsuckers over the age of 3, give this stuff a try, it's only about $10.

3 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

we might have to look that up if Molly's still sucking her thumb in a few years. joel says they teach in dental school that it's ok, as far as teeth go, until perm. teeth come in. but i think joel just doesn't like it sometimes. i go both ways ... i don't like a dirty thumb going in her mouth, but i like that she has something so handy to comfort her.

mandy said...

I definately want to know if it works! I have one twin who is a thumb sucker and the other one does the fingers. It came in really handy when they were babies b/c I didn't have to worry about a pacifier. They just turned 4 though! I don't want them to have buck teeth!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.