So, I'll catch everyone up on yesterday... Yesterday was the big day. He was able to come home from the rehabilitation facility. Peyton and I went down to pick him up about 9AM and we were just able to say goodbye to all of his therapists and get orders and prescriptions from his doctors and nurses. We headed out by about 11:30AM. He decided that he really wanted a burger for lunch, on his way home. I'm assuming that he was getting sick of the hospital food. It really wasn't half bad at the rehab facility, but I could see how someone could get sick of it after a while. We decided that we would go to Red Robin. About half way through the meal he looked over at me and told me that he was really worn out. He said that the drive and lunch had really worn him out. He still insisted on stopping by his office, and luckily all of his brothers were there for him to say hello to. After that, we took him home and he had almost a 3 hour nap. Infact, I had to wake him up from his nap, and when I did, he was speaking is spanish to me. What we've figured out is that it's important for him to have some activity in his day, but when he gets too tired, his right side of his body starts to drag a bit, his eyes get heavy, he forgets things, and seems to make less sense. I'm glad that we have church in the morning, he seems to be at his best first thing in the morning, so we're hoping that he'll do well tomorrow.
After his nap, we went and picked up a prescription for him and picked Ry up from the bus stop. She was thrilled to see her Daddy. Yesterday afternoon was interesting. The kids were being kids, (arguing and playing too loud) and Dane was a little overwhelmed. I felt bad because he got a little frustrated with the girls last night and then felt bad about it afterwards. This will definitely be an interesting adjustment for us all, but from what I've heard, he should get better when it comes to his irritability, etc. as he gets better.
This morning, Dane was having a hard time getting going, so I decided that we could all do a little therapy session with him. We took him on a walk and had him walk some straight lines and test his balance. I also had him write a letter for Mother's Day to his mom. He seemed to wake up a bit after these activities. Then he decided that he really wanted to get out of the house, so we went to Gecko Grill for lunch with my family. Once again he was exhausted afterwards and is now taking a nap.
We have him all set up to be evaluated and start out patient therapy this next week. We are really excited about this. Dane is anxious to get his coordination and agility back, along with his short term memory and problem solving skills. We are so glad to have him at home and in his own environment. We've missed him a ton.
Thanks to the Akers for bringing us a welcome home dinner. Your soup was fantastic. Thanks to the Miller's, Rich's and Fuller's for stopping by last night with dessert from their date night. Thanks to Mike and Jenn for standing in line and getting our tickets for the girls recital next months. It would have been interesting to try and wait in line for 1 1/2 hours with Dane and the girls. Thanks to my sis Brooke for cutting Dane's hair today. Thanks to Tim for helping Dane to get me a Mother's Day gift. That was really thoughtful of you. Thanks to Ty for coming over to hang out with Dane and the girls tonight so that I can have a little break for Mother's Day. I'm so grateful for all of you.

4 comments:
Rohners-We're so glad Dane is home and things are going well. We've been keeping track of the progress from your wonderful blog and through family members. We're hoping to come over and see you all soon. Our prayers are with you all! Love, Karen, Kreston, & Kids
Wow a lot has happened the past few days. You are right Church will be a good experience for him. Sitting in the chapel is a calming reconnecting time. The MUSIC will also bring him great joy.
Enjoy your Mother's Day. You have done a remarkable job taking care of Dane these past weeks and it shows in his recovery.
Now take a moment for yourself.
Then jump back into the game of life like all moms do!!! Hehehe
Fondly, Barbara
happy mothers day haleigh!
haleigh,
(this is audra curtis.)my sister stephanie found out about your husbands accident through brooke and told me. How scary! I've just briefly read through your journey of this last month and you and your family are amazing. What a miracle and what courage! Hope you had a good Mother's Day and can now begin to take care of yourself and your new little baby coming soon. We wish you, your husband and your kiddos the best!!
Post a Comment