Today, Dane had physical and occupational therapy. I had Peyton so I was unable to stay with him for the whole thing but I caught the first part of occupational and the last part of his physical therapy. His occupational therapist gave him some parts of a test to prepare him for his driving test. They tested his reflexes and worked on his motor skills and strength in his hands (especially his right). Then his physical therapist had him throwing a football, running backward, jumping a rope, and doing "high knee" runs. He said that he was having a really difficult time coordinating his right leg and foot and felt like it was dragging behind the whole time. He was doing a really great job, from what I could tell. It will just be a matter of time and retraining. I would never have imagined that he would be doing as well as he is now, even 2 1/2 weeks ago when he went to St. Joes Rehabilitation Center. I honestly feel like I'm seeing miracles every day with him.
Next, we met Dane's dad and his brothers for lunch at Cafe Rio. Then his dad took him to one of their job sites for a few hours with him. He walked in the door around 3 o'clock and crashed on the recliner. He was exhausted, mentally and physically. He definitely wore himself out, but it's probably the best way for him to rebuild his endurance.
Tonight we're just hanging out and taking it easy. I hit somewhat of a brick wall this afternoon. All of the sudden I felt exhausted. I think the last few weeks is starting to catch up with me a bit. I'm trying to take it easy, since things are normalizing a little around here. I just found out that my blood pressure, at my last baby appointment was 134/72. I've been keeping an eye on it and it's back to normal for now.
Thanks so much to the Poulsens and Haws for our yummy dinner. How did you know that peach cobbler was Dane's favorite?

1 comment:
We didn't know! Alyssa picked it out and so we made it! :)
Post a Comment