Dane passed his hour long driving test on Saturday. Yea! I knew he could do it, we were just a little nervous because he wasn't able to practice or drive at all until he got in the car with the guy. His reaction time is still somewhat slow on his right side which is the gas and brake side, but the guy that gave him the test said that his driving reaction time was pretty good.
He is now down to one time a week with a physical therapist, two times a week with an occupational therapist and three times a week with a speech therapist. We're really excited, once again about his improvements. He's been able to stop taking the anti-anxiety medication for about a week now with out any side effects. His not taking this med anymore seems to have made him more responsive. Before the accident, Dane signed up to do the Daddy-Daughter dance with the girls at their dance recital. He even went to a practice or two. Yesterday, he went to another practice and is going to do atleast part of the dance and the end with him, so I'm excited for the girls. They were really looking forward to being able to dance with their dad.
The girls are prepped up for their recital. It is this next weekend. They are excited to perform for their whole family. They are also enjoying what summer activities we've had time for. They've been getting along pretty well but I've definitely turned into a referee, since they've been spending so much time together. Hopefully they'll work on that a bit. :o)
Thanks to the Fullers, Seiters, Cardons and Beth and Jillene for bringing us dinner Thursday and Friday night. Oh, and thanks to Elena for allowing me to take pictures of her precious little girl. It was so nice to have some time with my camera again. I was really missing it. Also, thanks to all of my girlfriends, my mom and my sis for throwing me such a fun little shower yesterday. I just keep getting more and more excited, the closer she gets, and the more cute stuff I accrue. Who knew how many cute ideas that the they could create in the 3 years and 8 months since I had Peyton. I only have 3 weeks and 2 days left, sooner if these contractions don't decide to settle down. I've never had major contractions outside of the hospital with my other two, but this one has been painful a few times. I go to the doctor tomorrow to get check out, so I'll know more then.

2 comments:
I'm so glad everything is getting better! And what a relief that he passed his driving test! :)
I bet the girls are so excited about the new baby!
We really appreciated Dane's testimony. I'm so sad i wasn't able to make the shower-gone with trek. But we still have a little something for you. Glad the countdown has begun!
Post a Comment