So thanks Kalene :o) for calling me out and reminding me that I've neglected my blog lately. The reason for this neglect is partially due to lack of sleep... and partially due to the fact that my life has slowed down in a good way recently. My life is so slow that I don't feel I have a whole lite to blog about lately. Just daily feedings, changing poopy diapers and the baby's midnight snacking habits.
I feel completely healed from my c-section, which is fantastic. This was probably the best "birthing" experience that I've had... if you compare it with my first two, (most of you know my story) you can understand why. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I knew what I was getting into. Another reason that my healing has gone so well, in my opinion is the fact that my scar was glued together intstead of stapled (like last time). Sorry if that was too much information especially for any men reading this. Dermabond is my new best friend. My scar already looks like it did after what felt like 6 months when it was done with staples. Aubree is such a sweetie and it's so fun to have a baby around the house again. It's been almost 4 years. It's amazing how much you feel like you forget in that amount of time, but it's all coming back pretty quickly.
Aubree is doing really well. She's waking up once or twice a night to eat, which is great, in my opinion. A few nights lately she's been trying to stay awake after I feed her at night time, but I think that she's starting to figure that out a little bit more. Last week at her 2 week check up she was still 1 oz under her birth weight so her pediatrician is having me bring her back in for a weight check tomorrow. She seems to be growing like a weed so I'm sure she's fine. She's nursing like a champ. The girls love her to pieces, literally. We have to watch their every move around her because they just want to squeeze her and love on her all day long. She's so little that Dane and I get a bit nervous about it. It's a hard mix because we don't want to discourage their affection toward her, but we also don't want them to break her :o)

4 comments:
That's the cutest photo! Isn't dermabond amazing? That's what they used on Braden after both heart surgeries, and it leave NO scar and heals super fast! Glad you are doing so good this time around!
HAHA You are a new mommy and have evEry reason not to blog right now- I just had to give you a hard time-You look beautiful even laying on the operating table! i am glad you feel better
Yay, a new Rohner post! We're all just so used to reading about you everyday! We miss the updates! I told you already how much I love dermabond! Good stuff-especially for paper cuts! It is fun to have a baby around the house...but it's almost more work watching the other kids around her, isn't it?! I can't take my eyes off Ryan for a second! Glad you're doing so well!
Hello cousin,I hope you remember me. Congrats on the new addition...she is a doll. I hope everyone is doing well.
Post a Comment