Thursday, January 01, 2009

Christmas Catch-Up!

Merry Christmas! I hope that you all had a great holiday. We sure did. I've been cleaning out my memory card and I realized that there are a few Christmas memories that I need to record. Here goes...
Here are the girls Christmas dresses. What cuties! Christmas Sunday was great. A girl in our ward is going on a mission and she had her farewell. She gave a great talk and the Choir did a fabulous job too. Janet also great a great Christmas lesson focusing on Mary and her divine role. Photobucket
We also hosted a Christmas themed date night for some friends from our ward. We had a great time. We decorated human Christmas trees... and played lots of other fun Christmas themed games. I think that Ryan walked away the biggest winner, winning the human Christmas tree contest and the bald man head wipes from our white elephant gift exchange.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This year, we decided to make homemade salsa to hand out as gifts to some of our ward friends. (Tanya, I still have yours, I'm so sorry!) We got a wild hair one night around 10 and decided to do it all. Dane decided to add some habanero peppers to our salsa... for a little extra spice(since he served his mission in Mexico and he thinks he knows all things Mexican). As he was chopping them up, he made the comment that you should be sure not to put your hand in your mouth, nose or eyes while chopping before you wash your hands. Well, he forgot to wash his hands and continued making the salsa... and this is what happened. Still smiling... Photobucket
NOT SMILING ANYMORE!!! We searched the internet frantically to find a quick fix to his problem. Basically all that it said was that anyone that had ever accidentally done it was sure that they would be taking every precaution in the future to guarantee that it wouldn't happen to them again... I think that Dane agrees.
Photobucket
Christmas Eve, Dane's side of the family has a tradition that they load up the landscaping trailer with hay and have a hay ride. We sing Christmas carols and drive around their neighborhood and look at the Christmas lights and luminarios. It's always a lot of fun.
Photobucket
And finally... Santa was very good to us this year. Ry, Peyton and Aubree got some fun new toys. I got some new clothes (courtesy of Dane, with a little help from my good friend Nicole). Dane got some new video games and movies that he's been wanting. It was a great day. My side of the family got a vacation to the Grand Canyon for the guys and a vacation to somewhere tropical for the girls. We still haven't decided where. Any suggestions? Also, Dane's family surprised the kiddos with a trip to Disneyland. We left the day after Christmas and it was a blast (more pictures to come).

1 comment:

♥ Natalie said...

That family picture is adorable!!! Your girls are just precious. And you still look as gorgeous as ever. Looks like your Holiday Festivities were great fun!