Thursday, January 15, 2009

Disneyland

Here is the other half of our trip to California. We spent two days at Disneyland... actually, in all honesty, we spent most of our time at California Adventure. Disneyland was CRAZY! Anyone who's been there during the Christmas season knows that it is pure chaos. I felt like I was in a cattle heard pretty much the entire time that we were there, but it was still magical. I really can't get enough of that place. Our family really enjoys California Adventure too. You get to meet lots of characters there and it's not quite as crowded.
No trip to Disneyland is complete without a picture with Mickey (in his Christmas get-up, no less)! The girls love their cousins!
Photobucket
We love Minnie Mouse at our house!
Photobucket
Dad, Peyton and Aubree entering It's a Small World.
Photobucket
Mom and Ry inside of It's a Small World. That ride typically drives me a bit crazy by the end, well the song does anyways, but during the Christmas season, they play Christmas songs along with It's a Small World to mix it up a bit. I appreciated it greatly.
Photobucket
On the second day we went to see "Turtle Talk with Crush" We lucked out and sat in the front row. Crush called on Peyton and asked her where she was from and talked to her for a bit and then he asked who brought her to the park. I was sitting next to her and coached her and told her to say, "my grandma and grandpa" so then Crush talked to Grandpa Tim. He was a good sport.
Photobucket
Look at Aubree's cute new EXPENSIVE Minnie Mouse outfit. That's what happens when mom forgets to pack a change of clothes and you buy Pampers. Oh well, hopefully it will fit her for a while.
Photobucket
This was the first ride that we did on the first day. Well, the guys took the kids on the ride anyways. We figured we might as well break them in. The ride is called the Tower of Terror. It's pretty scary, I've been on it on trips in the past. When you first enter the ride, you and your whole party stand in a pseudo-elevator and they start talking about how you've entered the twilight zone. Peyton looked up at Dane and asked him, "Daddy, are we ever going to see mommy again?" Later that day I took her on this virtual hang gliding ride and as we soared over different places in California, she asked me if we'd ever see Daddy again on that ride. I think that she thought we'd really left Disneyland.
Photobucket
Next you'll find Ry and Peyton all tuckered out after two long days at the happiest place on earth. In the third picture, Peyton was sleep walking to our hotel room. I literally had to drag her there like this. She doesn't remember getting home at all. Talk about tired.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: