The other day, Rylee came home from school and said, "Mom, I think that I love a boy..." At first, I thought, Whoa, what's my first grader thinking? I didn't want to over-react as to scare her away from sharing with me again. So, instead, I said... "Really? Who is it?"
Rylee: "Since you're my family, I'll tell you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone..."
Me: "Uh, OK, I promise"
Rylee: I love ******* (she swore me to secrecy, you didn't think that I was really going to put his name on our blog, did you? I will say that she sure has a thing for boys with blonde hair and blue eyes, her kindergarten crush had the same). Really mom, I do.
Me: Really. OK, I promise not to tell anyone! But, love? That's a pretty strong word Ry. How about like.
Ry: OK mom, like.
Me: Well, what do you like so much about him?
Ry: He's really cute... and he's really nice.
Me: Good, I'm glad that he's nice to you. You know that that is the most important thing.
Ry: I know mom. I think that I might tell him that I like him, but I'm not sure if I want to, 'cuz whenever a girl tells him that they like him, he chases them around on the playground.
Me: Good idea Ry. You should just be his friend. You're to young too be telling boys that you like them yet.
Ry: I know mom.
Ry, I promise to never tell me your secrets. I hope that you will always feel like you can share them with me. Love ya!

2 comments:
too cute! you handled that well, Ry is adorable. OH boy! i can imagine i will have that conversation in the next year or two. ALso you look great :)
Ry is so beautiful she takes my breath away. You know I have a couple blond hair blue eyed boys, think Jo could be lucky enough for a crush from Rylee someday??
Post a Comment