Friday, January 30, 2009

Update

So, Rylee is feeling much better now. The rash is no longer on her face and it is much lighter on the rest of her body. Poor thing.
Just as soon as I thought we were in the clear, Aubree started having this horrible cough. I called my good friend Elena, who has some experience with her kiddos having croup. She came right over and we couldn't get Aubree to cough for her, but she did tell me that if she sounded like a seal, we needed to take her straight to the urgent care. Within minutes of her leaving, Aubree started back up with the coughing and sure enough, it sounded like a seal barking. I packed her up in the car at bed time and headed over to the new pediatric urgent care by the new hospital. They were able to give her a shot of steroids and her horrible sounding cough was gone. She's still coughing, and miserable, but supposedly the steroids make it so that her vocal chords don't swell up and close her airway. Scary, I know. Ry and Peyton have never had croup. So, needless to say, it's been an eventful week at our house. Just last week I was bragging to a friend about the fact that Aubree hadn't been sick yet. I knew that as soon as I said that... she'd end up sick. I'm hoping she's feeling better tomorrow. We'll see.
Photobucket
Here's an outtake from the pictures that I took of Aubree the other day. Peyton wanted to take a picture with her, so she hopped in next to her but she would NOT look at the camera. This picture turned out looking like she's enjoying Aubree's crying just a little too much.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Camille {Sugar Baby Boutique} said...

SAD! Poor girls! I love that picture of Peyton and Aubree that's hilarious!

Jeni Everett said...

Haleigh,
We (Katie, Kellen and myself)were looking at your blog and Katie said that she thought Rylee was so pretty, even with her little rash. Katie doesn't totally remember her but she thinks she looks so nice. I just had to share. I hope you guys are all rash free soon!