Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Perfect Day!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Today was such a great day! I would say that it would go on my list of favorite days. Nothing was extra special about it, it was just a great day. This morning Dane and I awoke to the squeaks of our sweet baby girl, Aubre. She never cries when she wakes up in the morning, she just happily squeaks in her bed until we go and get her. Next, Rylee came into our room, remembering that it was Valentine's Day, she asked if Dane and I would like breakfast in bed. We agreed. She brought me toast amd Dane a bowl of cereal. We got the girls a new pair of pink shoes, a box of chocolates, some pink bubblegum and a card from us for Valentine's day.
Later, we went to watch Dane's Young Men play in a basketball tournament. The girls were so well behaved and it was a good time. Then we came home and Dane made jewelry for me and the girls in the garage, while the girls played on their bikes. It was such a nice day.
To top the day off, my honey and I got to go out to go out on a date night. When we got to dinner, we ran into our friends Artie and Amber and we invited them to have dinner with us. I really love days like this where everything just seems to fall into place. We weren't running around or busy, and we were just able to do what we pleased all day. I've decided that our family needs more days like this.

4 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

I love those days when your kids are happy and you just have an enjoyable family day. I wish everyday was like that. It was fun seeing you at volleyball the other night. I am sure we will run into each other more.

Melody said...

Hi Haleigh, Melody (Phelps) here-- it's been a while! I happened on your blog from Kyle and Camille's. I remember seeing you at their baby's blessing a while ago, but didn't get the chance to say hi. I'm assuming you're related somehow? Anyways, you look terrific, and your kids are so beautiful! Another coincidence-- in your post you mentioned Artie and Amber, and I'm thinking it must be the Whitings (how many Artie and Ambers can there be?) :) They are in our neighborhood too and used to be in our ward. Small world! :)

Amber said...

I love those days too! They are far and few between though the busier we get unfortunately. I'm so glad we ran into you guys too. That was tons of fun. We need to do it again sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures