Sunday, June 07, 2009

Recital Time

Our girls had their dance recital this weekend. Once again, they did a fantastic job. Peyton had one little dance number to the song Itty Bitty Pretty One. My favorite part was where the girls were supposed to sashay to one side and then do the twist and then sashay back the other way and twist again. Peyton was determined to get as far across the stage as she could. Every time that she was supposed to sashay, she ran half way across the stage instead. Too bad for the little girls in her class, if they were in her way... luckily she didn't knock anyone over, but there were some close calls. It was hilarious. Rylee was in 4 dances this year and she is turning into such an incredible dancer. She has a talent for ballet and really enjoys it. She also did a hip hop number, a drill team number to Locomotion and her half time show. She did a great job at both recitals. We're so proud of our girls and their hard work. Dane also danced in the Daddy Daughter dance for the second year in a row. It was hilarious, as always. He did a great job and the girls loved to see him dance too! Thanks to all of our family that came to see the girls, I know it was a long day, but they really appreciated it. Tomorrow we will be going to SunSplash for their awards ceremony and then back to try outs for the girls later this week. Fun times. Here are a few pictures from the day. Aubree is missing, she was with my mom and then a babysitter later in the day. We tried to see how she'd do at the rehearsal on Friday night and decided that there was no way she'd last through both recitals on Saturday. It turned out to be a very good decision considering both recitals were about 3 hours long!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Amber said...

TOO CUTE!!! I am bummed I missed it! I seriously LOVE their costumes (especially Ry in the fishnet capri's). I need to see Dane's dance tonight at dinner...

Andreasen Family said...

your girls are too cute!

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

Cute girls! I just signed Adi up for dance and I am so excited. Where do your girls go for dance?