Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School!!

Well, today was rather eventful... to say the least. The girls woke up so excited to go to school. They were both talking about how much fun they were going to have and how they would wave to each other in the halls if they saw each other. Dane gave them each a father's blessing, which was a great way for them to start the day.
When we got to school, Peyton complained that her stomach didn't feel so well and she gagged. At first, I thought maybe she was going to throw up. We walked into the hallway and were getting ready to drop her off to her classroom and she got really pale. I sat down on the nearest chair and put her on my lap when her eyes rolled back into her head and she PASSED OUT! You read correctly... she passed out. When she came to again we gave her a little juice and took her to the nurse. Way to start your first day, huh!? After the nurse took a look at her, we took her back and talked to her teacher. Her teacher said she was fine to stay, she said that she would keep a good eye on her, and that I could call her throughout the day to see how she was doing and check up on her. I asked Peyton if she was OK to stay and she said that she really wanted to stay. She had a little boy from church sitting right next to her so I think that that made her feel better. She has 5 or 6 kids in her class that she knows from church and the neighborhood. I think she will be just fine, I think that it was just the fear of the unknown. Poor Baby!! I'm dying to know how she's doing, maybe I'll give the teacher a call right now!
On a lighter note, Rylee was super excited to start and couldn't wait to get to her new playground and her classroom. She was definitely concerned about her sister, but I know that she'll have an awesome day. I can't believe I have a second grader!

UPDATE: I called her teacher and she said that she's doing great and that she was running around playing on the playground at recess. Whew! I was so glad to hear that!
Photobucket

This was right before she passed out! Oh, and that picture right above Peyton's head is her self portrait from Kindergarten Round-up.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Amber said...

First, I love Peyton, poor kid. She kills me!! Second, Peytons hair is SUPER CUTE and third, I love Ry's hair... when did you cut it?

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

You can tell miss thing looks a little green in this pic. Poor girl1 =)

The Wiser Side said...

That is crazy! Well she (and you) will always have an exciting story to tell

Mel said...

Oh my, that is so sad! She'll always remember her first day of kindergarten that's for sure!