Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Skip to my Lou!

I'm happy to report that the girls, especially Peyton is LOVING school. Each night she wants to come home and pack up her lunch and get ready to go to school again. I've been taking her to school the last few mornings just so that she gets the hang of things before we send her with Rylee on the bus. This morning we got to school and we were waiting outside of the gate and I told her that I'd wait for the second bell to ring when she lined up and then I'd leave. Well, the first bell rang for them to open the gates and go play on the playground and she looked at me and said. "Bye Mom." I stayed a few minutes longer and she came back up to me and said "Bye mom" again, so I decided she was comfortable enough and left. (sheesh, I didn't think the mom is uncool thing started til high school or at least jr. high!) I asked her if she knew where her backpack was and where to line up and she said, "I'm good to go." I watched her from the car for a bit and she did great. I think we'll try the bus tomorrow morning.
Another funny story about Peyton. The other day she asked me how old I was and I told her "29 years old." To which she replied, "Did you live with the dinosaurs when you were a baby?" I know every kid asks something like this, just thought it was funny...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Nichole Lowe said...

I remember Tyler doing that to me on the first day of school. As soon as I found his teacher he said bye. Of course I am getting ready to bawl that he was going off to kindergarten and he couldn't indulge me a little more want me to stay and make sure he is OK. They grow up so fast. I am glad she is doing good and loving it especially after her first day.

Amber said...

BAHAHA!!! I about spit out my drink when I read this post... twice!

Too freakin' funny! So really now I am wondering, DID you live with the dinosaurs when you were a baby Haleigh?