Friday, July 27, 2007

My Friends

So here we go. . . this might be kind of a long post. Since I wrote about my family, I figured that I'd do the same for my friends. This is the most recent picture of all of us. . . a cute picture of everyone else, but probably the FATTEST picture I've taken in a long time. That shirt isn't as flattering as I thought : ) I love you girls! We've all know eachother since we were 14, and had our ups and downs in high school, but have been super close ever since! I know that I have 5 friends that I could count on to drop everything for me, if I needed it. I hope you all know that I'd do the same for each of you.
From Left to Right

Name: Bridget

Noteworthy Memory: My best buddy! I think that my favorite memory with you would have to be all of the girls weekends that we have been on together. I'm grateful to have a group of girls that will take the time out yearly to get together and reconnect. We always stay up late and have girl talk. It was also fun to room with you after HS. We had tons of fun, while it lasted, at Rockin' R Ranch.

Favorite Characteristic: You are a straight shooter! You tell it how it is, and I appreciate that so much! I know that if I ask you how I look in something, etc, you'll give me the honest truth. At the same time, you can a shoulder to cry on when I need it. Love you!

Name: Kaci

Noteworthy Memory: All of the way back when we were 16. . . you know what I'm going to say. . . We decided to drive to the ghetto, so this little ice cream place. If I remember correctly it was your idea : ) Well half the way there these older creepy guys started following us trying to get us to talk to them. We said hello and figured they'd be on there way, but when they started following us we all started panicking. I think that I was the worst! I was so scared, and it was so dark out (and I was such a new driver) that I took my 86 Corolla right up over a curb cracking the transmission case. Which for those of you that don't know, made my car completely undriveable. The creepy guys followed us and got and tried to help us. They kept calling us bud. We basically ran to the Circle K accross the street, (now remember) this was in the time before cell phones, and Kaci's dad came to our rescue.

Favorite Characteristic: You crack me up. You can always lighten a mood. I'm also grateful that has atleast one girl her age to play with when we all get together with all those boys : )

Name: Amber

Noteworthy Memory: Besides the memory that I just shared under Kaci, I think it would have to be the way we met. Cheer Tryouts! Why oh why did I try out for High School Cheer? I'll never understand what motivated me, but I'm grateful that I did because I met you. I picked you out of the crowd, because I was a pretty small girl, and I knew that I needed someone that I was going to be able to lift. Needless to say, we didn't make the squad, but I'm grateful for the friendship that came out of our decision to try out : )

Favoite Characteristic: Your creativity. The things that you create amaze me. You also have such a tender heart. You are always worried about what others are going through. It affects you in a good way!

Name: Heather

Noteworthy Memory: I think that you know my favorite memory with you too. I met you at church the summer before my sophomore year, when you moved here from Thatcher. We spent a lot nights at eachother's homes that summer. One night in particular, you decided to be the rebel that you were : ) and sneak out of your house to buy a double decker from Taco Bell. You decided to take your mom's "Chollo Van" and begged me to go with. I for some reason was terrified at the thought. You went anyways and the entire time that you were gone I layed on your floor in the fetal position. I was such a scaredy cat in HS.

Favorite Characteristic: You have the gift of gab. We can talk forever without an awkward moment.

Name: Marci

Noteworthy Memory: I think that my favorite memory with you would probably be all of the late night talks that we had when we roomed together right before you got married. I also remember coming home from a late night out (because I was still single) and catching you and Doug making out in the car with Amber :) I had a ton of fun rooming with you Marc.

Favorite Characteristic: You always cater to the needs of everyone else before yourself You always make sure to ask questions about the person that you are talking to and you are such a good listener! I'm grateful for all of the good talks that we've had over the years. I feel like I can always open up to you.

*****Now I'm tagging all of you girls and all of my other blogger friends to do the same. List all of your best girlfriends, your favorite memory with them, and your favorite characteristic about them.*****

3 comments:

jill s said...

you are lucky to have so many close friends.

it was so fun to see a picture of kaci! i haven't seen her in forever!

tell her i say hi next time you see her!

xx
jill

Bridget said...

That is so cool of you to put a pic of all of us and to say something sweet about all of us too. By the way absolutely hate that pic of me, I think it had only been 3 weeks since Talan was born. I definitely take the fat award on that one.

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky to have such close friends. And they're all BEAUTIFUL! Wow. I really enjoyed your tribute to them. "Make new friends but keep the old.
One is silver, the other gold." You're blessed to have so many golden friends.