Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Trip to the Lake

We got back last night from a quick trip to Lake Powell. We fit in as much as we could into one weekend. We went with Dane's side of the family, and stayed in his Grandparents, and Aunt and Uncle's house boat on the dock. It was a ton of fun. Saturday, we swam, and went tubing. Sunday, we took a trip to Rainbow bridge and hiked 2 1/2 miles total to see it. I don't remember the trip being that long... That might be my last trip : ) Monday morning, we swam some more, and went on the Jet Skis, and then headed home. Below are some pictures from the fun. One in particular is of our girls sweet "Lake Powell Hair Dos." Rylee's actually looks a little like that bed head look all of the celebrities wear, but poor Peyton's hair had no hope. The girls had a blast, and they were so brave. NOTE: This was the first vacation in a long time where I didn't pack my SLR camera, but just my point and shoot. The pictures weren't necessarily fantastic, but it was kind of liberating : )





4 comments:

Bridget said...

Fun trip.....I am so jealous I want to go skiing. Glad you had fun.

Heather said...

I looked at your pics before reading - and my first reaction to Peyton's hair was how adorable it looks! I think she got away with the celeb bed head look, too!!

Brittany Williams said...

So fun! I LOVE Lake Powell, and I haven't been in about 10 years! Looks like you all had a good time.

Holly said...

I remember when you could drive your boat almost all of the way to Rainbow Bridge and it was just a short walk up to it. Now it's 2 1/2 miles? Holy smokes! I didn't go on our annual Lake Powell trip this year, since Grant was only 5 weeks old. Looks like you had a great time!