I'm headed out of town this weekend for a little R&R, but I couldn't head out without doing my vent of the week. This week my vent has to do with BAD WAITERS. I personally try very hard to not be a pain to my waiters, I don't want anything extra in my meal, if you know what I mean, but for those of you that read my post about Mamma Mia... we just experienced the waiter that I have ever had in my life. The sad part is that it was at a pretty expensive place. You'd expect something like that at Red Robin, or some small joint, but not PF Changs.
We had reservations to the place. When we got there our waiter took our drink orders, and gave us a look of disgust when none of us ordered alchohol. Just because we're all 27 and older doesn't mean we're required to buy a drink... I mean really, we're definitely not the only people in our town that don't. Anyways, he brought our drinks back, and asked for our orders. I ordered for us, an order of lettuce wraps, an order of mongolian beef and an order of chang's spicy chicken. He then proceeded to ask Marci for her order. When she said that's everything, he gave her another look of disgust and said,"That's all?" Did he really think that I could eat all of that by myself, I mean there were only 4 of us at the table... 4 girls, at that. So to make a long story short, he never came back to our table again. Someone else served our lettuce wraps and he didn't even mix the sauce together for us. We did it our selves. Which would be fine if that were normal procedure, but I've been there a ton and the waiter always does it. We got to talking, and realized that our show was about to start, so we tracked down our waiter and asked where our food was. It had been over an hour since it was ordered, and we were in a big hurry, he came back and said that there were still 3 orders ahead of ours... fishy or what? We told him we just wanted our check because we had to leave, and he disappeared, so we had to track down the manager. She absolutely made up for it, but it was truly the worst experience that I've ever had. It is the first time that I didn't even leave a dime for a tip. He even had the nerve to walk up to us as we were walking out the door, and ask what we had decided to do, when we told him that we were leaving because we couldn't wait any longer, his response was, "Excellent." Afterward it definitely made for some good laughs, so oh well, but it's really amazing how inconsiderate someone can be that is supposed to be making money from you off of his service.

No comments:
Post a Comment