Friday, September 14, 2007

Vent of the Week












How Convenient... It's Friday, and I definitely have a vent today. I went to the mall this morning to get a new pair of reading glasses from EyeMasters. Harmless enough, right. I was only in there about 1 1/2 hours.
When I got back out the the car, I put Peyton into her carseat and she asked, "Mommy, where did our TV's go?" I looked forward and found that both of our headrests (they each contained brand new 10 TV screens) from our brand new Suburban and our in dash TV/Stereo were missing. I said, "Oh no Peyton, some bad men got into our car and took them from us." To which she replied, "Oh shoot mommy, now we can't watch High School Musical in the car anymore."
What a weird feeling!! It's so creepy that right in the middle of the day, some random person can walk up, unlock your car and burglarize you in broad daylight. The craziest part is that no one even noticed them. Luckily there was a police officer there answering another call, so they fingerprinted the car and did as much as they could. So, I'm hoping that the criminal was really dumb... dumb enough to leave his crime commiting fingerprints all over my Burb. Unfortunately, I'm going to guess that anybody that would be brave enough to steal it in the middle of the day wouldn't be dumb. So my vent this week is about car theifs, poo on you... you stink! And a warning for all of you that own a new Burb, Yukon or Denali, my good friend Lacey just had her navigation system stolen from another mall right up the street on Saturday. They told her that some theifs in the area have found a way to break into them really easily. We each have the same microscopic little scratch below our driver's side door handle. Bummer, but it does make me feel better to know that I'm not going crazy and I really did lock my doors, like I thought.

11 comments:

Caryn said...

That is so crappy! We had a rash of these in the church parking lot -all gmc makes. Makes ya kinda irritated that the car maker didn't know they would be so easily broken into! And in broad daylight! How frustrating! I would DIE without the tv's so I am sure you are hurtin' too! Hope they catch them!

Amber said...

I feel so bad for you guys! That really is a pretty crappy feeling to know that someone violated your space. Hopefully these criminals will slip up and get caught... the chick that helped break into my house did and she is in jail.. WOO HOO!!!!

Amber

Emily Lauren said...

I'm sorry Hailegh! That's so lame, and so frustrating. My first year of college someone broke in to my car to steal my $30.00 cd player!!! Who does that? I hope they get caught. . . That's definitely something to vent about!

the cummard family said...

I can't stand theifs PERIOD! A while back my brother in laws ENTIRE truck & welding trailer got stolen from his HOUSE! Locked an everything. I guess I'm lucky I have a mini-van eh.....hopefully our TV's will stay safe and sound ;) (knock on wood!) Hey, we've been going to LTF, you need to come. I want to go at like 10/11am on Monday....I'm back to the "appointment" thing again, so I have to take what I can get. Call me!

Court said...

That is crappy! I hope they catch the guys. But good to know becuase we are looking at getting a Burb in the next month or so. I am curious to see what the dealer has to say when I tell them your story.

Amber said...

That sucks Haleigh. I always worry about my car but "knock on wood" haven't had a problem yet. I don't know if this would help or not but we got an additional alarm put on our car right when we bought it from Chronic Car Audio. The little remote for it goes off when someone is breaking in my car and lets me know. Not like I'd be able to run out there and catch them or anything but just a thought. When you have a car that's "so cool" the robbers just can't resist!! Sorry:(

Cory♥Jessica said...

Im so sorry. That is the worst feeling. We had our car broken into like 5 times. Soom or later those thiefs will get caught, they always do.

Brittany Williams said...

I can't believe what some people will do these days! You can't go anywhere and feel safe! So sorry that happened to you.

Jeni Everett said...

Haleigh,
I cannot believe it! I am so sorry!

Jessica said...

That stinks. I am sorry to hear that.

Melissa Braegger said...

Haleigh,
That is awful, I am so sorry. Any leads yet?