This weekend has been rather low key, which has been nice. We went to dinner last night at Fogo E Brasa in Chandler for Dane's Dad's 60th birthday. It had been a few years since we'd been, so I'd forgotten just how much food that they serve you there. Between the food and the baby, I don't think that I've ever had such a full stomach in my entire life. Then we went over to the Miller's house to watch the UFC fight (or to let the guys watch the fight, while the girls socialized). Dane was super exhausted afterwards. He's been doing so well though, that I really just can't believe it. His occupational therapist said that there is a possibility that he will be able to take his driver's test at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. This is really good news. Driving all over town, being 8 months pregnant, is not an ideal situation.
Today in Sunday School we were having a discussion about the scripture that commands each of us to "mourn with those that mourn and to comfort those that stand in need of comfort." When I used to think of the word "mourn" I only thought of the grief that one experiences while dealing with the loss of a loved one. What I learned today is that it means more than that. To mourn means to express grief or sorrow for a situation that someone else is going through. I would like to again thank everyone who has mourned with me and comforted me over this past month. I want to make it a goal to be better at this than I have been in the past. Dane is not completely out of the woods, but we are definitely starting to see the open meadow ahead.
We also talked about meaningful prayer in our Relief Society lesson. Sister Rogers made a reference to the fact that it seems to take a trial to produce what can be considered "meaningful prayer." You know, the kind where you are down on your knees pleading with the Lord that his will be done and begging for his mercies to be poured out upon you and your family, instead of what sometimes becomes a somewhat monotonous daily routine. This is definitely a statement that I agree with. From this trial in our family's life, I have learned more fully to seek God in earnest "meaningful prayer." I am going to make it a goal to do it more often, and not just in times of trial. This experience has allowed Dane and I both to grow much closer to our Heavenly Father. We have gained so much faith in the power of specific prayer offered by ourselves and by others in our behalf.
Thanks to Tyler for bringing the rock that Dane hit his head on over to him today. Now he has a visual for a story that I'm sure he'll be telling for the rest of his life. Thanks to my Visiting Teaching partner Tessa for coordinating our visiting teaching this month, even though I think that it was my turn. Thanks to Scott for installing a new garage door keypad for us yesterday. It was definitely on it's last leg.

No comments:
Post a Comment