Friday, May 23, 2008

One Month Ago Today...

Let the summer begin... The weather today was so odd. Rain at the end of May? My girls wore pants today. How weird is that... Today was not a very good day for Dane. I think that we overdid it. He did pretty well until this afternoon/evening. We went to the chiropractor this morning and then dropped Dane off at work for a few hours. He cleaned his office up a bit and went to lunch with his family. Then we made our final, and dreaded trip to Maricopa Medical Center to collect Dane's belongings from the day of his accident. It's a good thing that we did because Dane had about $150 in his money clip. I really can't stand that place. I'm so glad that we don't have to go back there again. After that, Dane started to get pretty tired, so we came home and we've been relaxing since. He says that he's super tired and just not feeling like himself.
Dane's accident was one month ago today. As I reflect over the whirlwind that has been the last month... I am trying to focus on where we are today. All that I can continue to think is what miracles we have experienced. Every single doctor, nurse or therapist that we have dealt with has continued to say how amazed that they are with Dane's progress and continual improvement. Our family knows that this is completely due to the continual prayers on our behalf. The miracles that we have witnessed have reminded our family of the true power of prayer. Everyone has been so helpful and thoughtful and we are so thankful for you all.
Thanks to Debi for inviting us to lunch today. It was so good. Thanks to the Rengifos for dinner. Yum! Sorry we couldn't make it to the BBQ.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Glad Dane is doing better....Love the new background, very cute. Hope you are taking it easy.

Melissa Braegger said...

How great that you don't have to make the trip down there any more. I'm so glad that Dane is continuing to make progress in the right direction. Hang in there-