Saturday, August 09, 2008
Update on the Bully
So, it turns out that the boy was a kindergartener. This made me feel a lot better. I pictured an older bully when Rylee initially told me the story. As we've gotten further clarification, she was playing with the boy (or so she thought) with a toy that she had in her backpack (a "little pet shop chihuaha). The boy punched her in the stomach and she asked him not to and he did it again. I had a phone call from the principal by the next morning 20 minutes after school had started. She'd already talked to the boy and explained to him that even if Ry was "iritating" him, he shouldn't have punched her. The little boy cried a lot, according to the principal and was very sorry for what he did. It sounds like the principal got through to him. Like I said before, I was so grateful that it wasn't an older kid, but I still felt like he definitely needed to be talked to. Hopefully the principal really got through to him. Can you imagine being sent to the principal's office on your third day of kindergarten? What a rough way to start your school experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Poor Rylee... I know kids can be so mean sometimes.. I am glad he was younger than you thought..Hopefully he learned his lesson.
I am so sorry I just read your blog and I am urked to hear that a little boy would take out his frustrations? on your Rylee. I'm glad he got talked to to the point of tears. I want to keep Kenna in a safety bubble.. but I am sure she will have days like that :(
Post a Comment