Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks!

Thanksgiving is second, only to Christmas in my list of favorite holidays. It involves 3 of my favorite things... being with family, eating until you can't see straight and pondering over the things in my life for which I am the most thankful.

Today was a typical Thanksgiving Day for us. We split the time between my family and Dane's. First. we had breakfast burritos at my families house. Next, we went by my grandma T's house and brought her a plate of breakfast and some pumpkin pie. She's 87 now! My grandpa passed away in '91. She's lived on her own and taken care of her home by herself ever since. Amazing! She's a spitfire and she gives me inspiration that you can grow old gracefully. Then we went over to Dane's Aunt Karen and Uncle Kreston's home to get together with his extended family. We had the traditional turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, homemade rolls, pomegranate salad (a family specialty) and pies galore. A fun time was had by all.

Sitting here tonight, I am overwhelmed by all that I have to be thankful for. I am so thankful for a husband that is such a good daddy. I am thankful for a beautiful home. I am thankful to live in such a safe, comfortable neighborhood. I am thankful to have food and clothing for myself and my children. I am thankful to be able to continually gain knowledge. I have really tried to learn new things often in my life. I am so thankful to know that my Heavenly Father is so mindful of me. I am thankful to be a mother to 3 beautiful little girls. Each of them is so individual and unique yet they all find ways to amaze me on a daily basis. I learn so much from each of them. I am grateful to have so many people in my life that I love. This last year has been an interesting one, but we have made it through and we have learned so many life lessons in the process. If we ever doubted the love of our friends, family and ward family, we never will again. I have learned so many lessons from different friends and family members in my life. I have been shown examples of giving, true compassion and sacrifice which I will take with me throughout the rest of my life. I hope that some day, I will be deserving of such love from so many. There is a lot more that I could list... I could probably write a novel. Whoa, the turkey is getting to me! Time for bed....

Grandma T
Photobucket

No comments: