First things first, last Sunday was the girls Primary Program. All t he grandparents and a few aunts and uncles came out to see their program. They did such a good job. Peyton and Ry both sang all of the songs and they each had a little speaking part. Peyton had to say, "I can show love at home by helping my mommy do chores." She really does love to help me with anything that I'm doing. She's mommy's little helper every day. Rylee's part was a whole paragraph from The Proclamation to the Family. I wrote it all down on a piece of paper for her to take up on stage just incase she couldn't remember her part. However, she surprised me on the way to the program practice the day before and she said, "Hey Mom, I think I know the whole thing by myself." I said, "Wow Sweetie! Give it a try," and she repeated the whole thing. "All human beings - male and female - are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of Heavenly Parents, and as such, each has a divine nature and destiny." I couldn't believe it. She knew the whole thing. I even got a little teary eyed.I really do love that my children get to go to Primary every week and learn about gospel principles. Having never been to Primary myself, watching my children go each week has given me such an sweet appreciation for the program and all of the leaders that put so much work into their callings.
I love this picture of Peyton, it's just totally a Peyton look! Next, Peyton had her music class performance last night. They put on a cute Christmas production. Peyton was a reindeer. She made such a cute reindeer. She had a few speaking parts and sang all of the songs nice and loud along with all of her little friends. Grandma Debi and Grandpa Garrett came to see your performance. Thanks Guys. Great Job Peyton! We were all so proud of you.
Finally, last night, I went with a bunch of girlfriends to a midnight showing of TWILIGHT. Let me just tell you, I liked it, but I didn't love it. It was a OK movie, but not worth staying up till 3AM for. The special effects were lacking, some of the characters were just wacky, and some of the scenes were just down right odd. I've finally decided that the movie is never as good as the book. You'd think I'd learn after The Notebook, and Nights in Rodanthe. Although, I still do want to go see The Secret Life of Bees. I might just rent it. Last night was still fun, it was fun staying out past bedtime with a bunch of fun girlies. Some of us even sported t-shirts with our favorite guy on them. Mine said I Heart Jacob. I'm a Jacob fan because, let's face it, Jacob is the kind of guy you'd want to marry right? (Funny story: I wore the shirt all day and I went in to volunteer in Ry's classroom that morning. When I walked in, all of the kids started laughing at me and I couldn't figure out why. You forget how well little 1st graders can read these days. You see, there is a little boy in Ry's class named Jacob. They all started looking at him and he got a bright red face. I had to explain that although I loved him, the Jacob on my T-shirt was for a boy in a story book. Too funny! I'm sure the poor kid got teased the rest of the day.) This is the only picture that I have from the night but I'll post another once I get one from the girls. Sidenote: I actually got in trouble for taking this picture... I took it as they started to play the previews and the manager came up behind me and told me that I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the theater. Whoops!

4 comments:
What a fun girls night. I can't wait to see the movie for myself. I actually liked the Notebook movie better then the book. I think it is because I liked the ending better. That is the only movie I can say that about. Allison is also a Jacob fan. I love the first grade story. That is really funny.
It was fun but I am so sad the movie was not great. I started to read Twilight again to remind myself of how much I love it!
not really other than a virus they said, he is doing so much better though, i am so grateful. Me on the other hand, in ER 2 days later... ughhhh i see the dr wed. so i hope something gets worked out. thanks for your concern!!!
Haleigh...
I lost your email address, can't remember your last name (nee Weeks I recall), but finally found this blog by linking through about 10 others...random.
scott bosworth
Post a Comment