Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Card

Photobucket So, this morning I've been pondering over the fact that I help everyone else to get their Christmas cards out, while I can't seem to get my act together and do so. I guess it goes back to the old adage of, "the cobblers children have no shoes." I've been so busy recently taking other people's Christmas card pictures that my sister and I haven't been able to match our schedules up until this week. So, here goes, Merry Christmas everyone! This is my electronic Christmas card. I've even included some new family pictures.

This year has been an interesting one, as you all know. We've had both a near death experience and a birth in our family this year. Dane's mountain biking accident and consequent brain injury has made an interesting year for Dane. He got to take about 6 weeks off of work... lucky duck :o) too bad he slept through or didn't remember about half of it. In all seriousness, he has shown miraculous improvements and continues to work toward feeling more "like himself" each day. Dane has really enjoyed working with the Young Men's organization in our ward. I think that he really connects with them because he's such a kid at heart.

Rylee has had a great year too. She turned 6 and started the 1st grade. She loves her teacher and loves to eat school lunch.... yummy :oP~ Her teacher said that she is doing a fantastic job and that she's a great student. She's also on a dance team at her dance studio and dances two nights a week. Her team performs and halftime shows and competes a few times each year. She really enjoys it. She is our little love bug. She is such a cuddler and such a kind big sister. We're so proud of what a sweet girl she's turning into.

Peyton has been growing into such a fun little girl too. Just recently, we cleared out our toy room, allowing Peyton and Rylee to have their own rooms. For some reason, this had really made the both of them grow up a bit. They both seem to enjoy having their own little space to manage and be responsible for. Peyton is in preschool too. Her teacher says that she is well behaved and she earns a behavior stamp every day. Why is it that kiddos will listen to anyone but their parents? Peyton is a prime example of this... she loves to look me right in the face when I ask her not to do something and then turn around a go do it. She is great for all of her teachers though. I guess I'd rather have it that way. We love her just the way she is and know that her stubbornness and determination will get her far in life.

Aubree, although new to our family, has made quite the impact on all of us. She way born in June, shortly after Dane's accident, and she has brought such joy to our family. She is so sweet and tender hearted. She loves to smile and the girls are especially good at getting her to laugh. She rolls over and is trying hard to get herself up into crawling position. She has just started eating solids and after about a week or so (see previous post about rice cereal) she started to really enjoy eating baby food.

As I mentioned, I have been busy growing my photography business, on top of being a taxi driver, nurse, psychologist (we do have lots of little girls in this house), chef, etc. I'm loving life right now, we are in a good place. We are so grateful for all of the people in our lives and we want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Hope your holidays are great!

7 comments:

Amber said...

You're so smart to do it this way Haleigh. Loved the update and cute picture!

The Regimballe Family said...

Beautiful pics!

Court said...

Great idea for your Christmas card. Simple and a ton easier than mailing them out. Your girls are so darling and I am glad that Dane is doing so well. Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

cute cute pictures!

Melissa Braegger said...

I love how the girls progressively get clearer with baby Aubree in the front:) I'm glad that you have survived this year intact-you have been through a lot. We will have to compare notes on YW stuff-I'm the new 1st couselor in my ward. See you at Bunko

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

I love your Christmas picture! Your girls are so cute. I can not believe how big they have gotten . I really would like to babysit your girls again sometime so that Adi can play with them. Merry Christmas!

d.jo said...

Hi, Haleigh! You have a cute blog, too. You are such a talented photographer.

I'm amazed at what you and Dane have gone through. You've had such a stressful 2008; you guys are such troopers. Aren't you glad for 2009? A fresh year is on its way.