This economy sucks!!
Can I just say that! K! It's off my chest. This morning we decided to get rid of cable, slow down our internet speed and get rid of all the bells and whistles on our phone. We'll be saving about $80/month. Not bad! So, when I say "Hello?" with a questioning tone in my voice when I answer the phone it's because I really don't know who's calling, oh and if you get one of those busy signals... call back later :o) We also won't have voicemail, but our cell phones do, so just call us on our cell phones.
We also won't have our girls doing dance next year. I'm pretty bummed about this, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to do it again in the future.
Looking for the positives here... hopefully it will allow us to free up some extra cash. It will also allow us to spend a little more quality time together as a family. I love my kiddos and my family and love spending time with them. So this part won't be a sacrifice. It will be interesting to see what my kids do when they go to turn on the Disney Channel or Noggin. They'll get used to it. Sometimes our television was just on for the sake of being on. My DVR was filled with shows that I would record just to record them, half the time I would just delete them, so now, when we really want to watch something, we'll just have to watch it when it comes on. Hmmmm, sounds like how things were when I was growing up, really it sounds like things were when Dane and I got married. The technology boom in the last decade has been amazing. There has been so many benefits from it. I don't know how I would plan my Sunday lessons for the YW without it, but I am excited to take a step back and see how it goes. I'll keep you all posted and I promise to let you know if we succumb and re-subscribe to cable. Wish us luck!
We also won't have our girls doing dance next year. I'm pretty bummed about this, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to do it again in the future.
Looking for the positives here... hopefully it will allow us to free up some extra cash. It will also allow us to spend a little more quality time together as a family. I love my kiddos and my family and love spending time with them. So this part won't be a sacrifice. It will be interesting to see what my kids do when they go to turn on the Disney Channel or Noggin. They'll get used to it. Sometimes our television was just on for the sake of being on. My DVR was filled with shows that I would record just to record them, half the time I would just delete them, so now, when we really want to watch something, we'll just have to watch it when it comes on. Hmmmm, sounds like how things were when I was growing up, really it sounds like things were when Dane and I got married. The technology boom in the last decade has been amazing. There has been so many benefits from it. I don't know how I would plan my Sunday lessons for the YW without it, but I am excited to take a step back and see how it goes. I'll keep you all posted and I promise to let you know if we succumb and re-subscribe to cable. Wish us luck!

5 comments:
I have lived my whole life without cable, it is possible. haha I do wish we had it, there are so many fun shows that I would love to watch, but I love that dallin and I spend more time together doing other things rather than sitting on the couch wastching tv only talking during commercials.
Way to go! i wish my hubby would dump the cable & dvr..he loves it too much. if it was my choice it would be gone. Seriously, we just got back from the Harkins summer movies & Kenna goes in and turns on the tv..seriously? I think earning the Tv time sounds like a fab idea!
haha we had cable for a couple months and then decided to get rid of it. It about killed kyle, but we surprisingly got used to it really fast! If we can do it, you can! haha good luck
We just got rid of ours too! It is actually invigorating. And my kids are happy with good ol' channel 8.
Haleigh,
congrats on economizing!! It's really not that bad. Take it from somone who knows really well!! I really like PBS and it's amazing how much "free stuff" you can find to do. Also, there is so much to free stuff to do on your birthday-yeah!!!
Post a Comment