Monday, May 25, 2009
Bored?
Today we went to storytime at Barnes and Noble, made a dollar store run for prizes for our new chore chart and went swimming in Aunt Pam's pool with all of the cousins. When my kids got home they played outside for about 30 minutes and Ry came inside and said, "mom, I'm bored... what can I do??" Seriously?? This is gonna be a long summer!
I'll have to share my new chore chart when I get a chance to take a picture of it. The girls have loved it. I used a combination of a few ideas that I found on websites and blogs and created a system where the girls have to buy "TV time," treats and inexpensive toys with Kid Bucks that they earn by doing chores, reading time and getting themselves ready by themselves in the morning. I've been feeling for a while like I needed a system where my girls didn't whine the entire time that they were doing a chore or cleaning their rooms when I asked them, and now, they are asking me what else they can do to earn Kid Bucks. WooHoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I hear ya. Tyler was already whining on Friday about how bored he was. Can't wait until he starts some summer camps.
What a great idea! I can't wait to see your chart!
Yes, please take pictures of your chore chart... I would love for a new idea!
i can't wait to see it.
i'm with you on the whining..we will be getting a new chore schedule as well..do show this chart!
Post a Comment