Thursday, we got back from a family trip to the houseboat at Lake Powell. We spent almost a week up there and had a blast! It was great weather, although the water was a bit cold. The girls had so much fun they asked if it could be our new house. Wouldn't it be nice to hang out at the lake every day and have no worries. I'm in! We'd spend each day cruising around on the boat, getting bounced around on the tube or riding jet skis and each evening trying to spot shooting stars in the sky, from the roof of the houseboat. It was a bit cloudy in the evening so we weren't always successful, but the girls each saw a shooting star. We told the girls to make a wish on a shooting star. Earlier that night we'd been watching the movie "Bedtime Stories." In it, someone wishes for a hundred million dollars. So, Rylee wished for a hundred million dollars and a castle, and Peyton wished for a hundred million dollars and a sled??? That girl is so random sometimes... she cracks me up. She says the darndest things and has everyone busting up laughing. I have a feeling that she's going to be the class clown in school. Aubree did a pretty good job considering her age and all. I am grateful that she isn't walking yet because it made it easier to keep track of her and catch up to her as she was attempting to get away from us. It was so neat to be able to take the time to rock her to sleep each night. At home, she's so good at putting herself to sleep that I don't take the time to do so, but it was such a sweet experience to be able to spend those extra 10 minutes each night putting her to bed, snuggled up in my arms. Dane was able to wake surf for the first time. He did really well considering the fact that he was laying in a hospital bed a year ago. Everyone said that they were impressed with his coordination. I was able to, well, work on my tan and hang with the family. Oh, and on our last day there, we were able to hike to the top of the sand hill. Anyone who's been to Powell knows what I'm talking about. It was killer, but I was so glad that I did it! The girls made it all the way to the top too. Well, Peyton had a little help from Uncle Ty (he carried her about halfway up the mountain.) All in all it was a great trip for everyone. We can't wait to go back next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment