Sunday, June 21, 2009

When I grow up...

Yesterday my girls were playing out back and Rylee came over to me and said, "Mom, when I grow up, I want to be a Scientist." I responded, "That's great Ry, you'll need to work really hard in school on math and reading to do that, but you can be whatever you want to be." Then Peyton came over and said, "Mom, when I grow up, I want to be a girl who makes ice cream." ... I wasn't quite sure what to say to that, "That's great Peyton, that will take a lot of creativity and you would be great at that."

I guess that since then, it's been on Peyton's mind... she came to me today and said, "Mom, I know what I want to be now, when I grow up. I want to grow up and make houses so I can build a house for that boy that sits by the Taco Bell." There is a homeless man that is always outside of the Taco Bell down the street from our house. Dane will buy him burritos sometimes to give him a meal and so we've had lots of conversations with the girls about the fact that he doesn't have a home. I was so impressed by Peyton's sensitivity toward that homeless man. She is such a sweet little girl, and she is so giving and always thinks of others. She will make a great mom some day.

No comments: