Monday, July 23, 2007

My new FAVORITE breakfast

So, . . . Who's heard of German Pancakes??? Marci, has told me about them for over a year. Well, she got me this new cookbook for my birthday, and it had the recipe in it, so I figured I try it while I was up at the cabin. They taste great, and the kids love to watch them rise in the oven. Thanks for the idea Marci. Here's the recipe.
German Pancakes
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
ground cinnamon
1/2 stick butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with a casserole dish with butter in it. Blend first 5 ingredients in the blender, and pour into the casserole dish on top of butter once the oven is preheated. Sprinkle cinnamon over top and bake for 20-25 minutes, until peaks are golden brown. Serve with syrup. Here's the result!

7 comments:

Amber said...

What syrup did you use? Was it that buttermilk one Heather was talking about? I am totally going to try these this week... oh wait, my freakin' oven is broke. So 7:00 am tomorrow at your house for breakfast ;o)

Amber

Bridget said...

I made this once, but nobody liked it. I will have to try your recipe. It's so easy to make.

Heather said...

I make this at least once a month! My whole fam loves it! Sometimes we put strawberries and whip cream on top instead of syrup - that's my fav!

Heather

Holly said...

MMMMmmm...my kids favorite!

Kristal said...

WE LOVE THESE TOO! So good! Especially with buttermilk syrup.

Katie said...

Random person here...I just had to tell you that in our cookbook they are called Popeyed Pancakes, but the first time we ever made them my son, Preston, who was 2 at the time sat at the table and when we put in in front of them he said, "Happy Cake!" So now it's Happy Cakes at our house and we love them too!

Katie said...

dang typo errors. it's really, When we put it in front of him.