Today I was released from the calling that I've had for the past 3 years. I served in the Women's organization of my church as the Relief Society Secretary. As our presidency was being release, my bishop asked that we each journal our feelings and thoughts about our release. Let's be honest, this is as close as I get to a journal, so I figured I could record a few thoughts for posterity's sake :o) I am truly grateful for the experience of being able to serve so closely with so many fantastic women in that presidency. I have learned so much from each of them.
Janet, our president, is a "seasoned leader" as the bishop called her. She has been fantastic to work with. I've learned so much from her about being a humble leader. She seeks no attention or applause for anything that she does, but she does so much. She is fantastic at delegating when she needs to also. Ann has taught me so much too. She is one of the most creative women I know. She is also able to connect with pretty much anyone. She is such a people person and makes you feel like you've known her for years from the instant that you meet her. Alyssa, Camille and Lacy, you have all taught me so much through your individual personalities and testimonies too. I will be forever grateful for the examples that all of you women have given to me. I feel so blessed to have been able to witness your greatness. I have learned some lesson about Relief Society and Visiting Teaching that I hope to never forget also. The Relief Society program is truly inspired of God. I can not tell you how neat it is to see his hand in so many sisters lives... from behind the scenes. I want to remember this. I have learned of the value of giving and receiving service. We can't make it through this life without each other and I hope to continue to be able to keep strong friendships with all of the sisters in the ward and to continue to give and accept service from them. I have really gained a firm testimony about Visiting Teaching also. I have learned to love visiting teaching and having my visiting teachers come and visit me. It is also such an inspired program.
I was also called to a new calling today. I was called to be the Laurel Advisor (16-17 year old girls) in the Young Women's program in my ward. Our new Young Women's President was our previous Relief Society President. She will be so great. As I have mentioned, she is a great leader. I am over the moon about this calling. I have watched the girls in my ward from a distance for 5 years now, as they have grown up and I am so thrilled to establish and grow friendships with each of them, help them to grow in the gospel and help them to grow as individuals. Our Laurels are amazing... along with all of the Young Women in the ward. I am thrilled to work in this area. It has a special place in my heart, considering the fact that I was baptized as a young woman. I never had the chance to go to primary as a child, so I learned everything about the gospel from the YW program. Can't Wait!

9 comments:
I was the RS secretary in one of our wards in AZ for 2 1/2 years and it was my favorite calling ever.
You'll be such a great YW leader!
Congrats Haleigh! Those YW are so lucky to have you!
You will love the young women. Most of them now used to be my old Mia Maids and I loved them. I love the young womens program and am once again the Mia Maid advisor in our ward. You will be great.
What fun!! When I got released as R.S. Secretary I felt sad for a little while. Then I was so grateful because it was a lot of work and I had more time for things. Have fun in YW!!
YW is the best calling EVER! Congrats!
You will be great!!!!
Tell Dane, that angle TOTALLY works for him ;)
Amber
Tell Dane, that angle TOTALLY works for him ;)
Amber
What a fun exciting calling. You will be an awesome laurel advisor. have fun
Post a Comment